The ZAP Fitness Foundation is seeking to fill the position of Facility Manager.
The facility manager would work closely with the other members of the ZAP staff and would include a variety of responsibilities in the areas of adult running vacations, private coaching, and group retreats. The facility manger would be responsible for the regular maintenance of the facility by way of setting and enforcing work schedules for the elite athletes, logistical organization of adult running vacations, delivering lectures and leading group runs, working with private coaching clients of all ages and abilities, promoting ZAP to donors and program supporters, managing group retreats at the ZAP facility, and recruiting new business opportunities. Applicant should have experience in coaching distance runners, management, and possess strong inter-personal skills.
• Minimum of 5 years coaching experience
• Minimum of 5 years of management experience (either of athletes or employees)
• Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Comfortable speaking in front of people
• A passion for the sport of distance running and the mission of the ZAP Fitness Foundation
• A proactive approach to work responsibilities
• Be able to work effectively with autonomy
• Enjoy living in the beautiful mountains of Blowing Rock or Boone, NC
Position is salaried with health insurance and includes additional commission based on private coaching client load. Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 17th.