May COVID-19 Update

After much thoughtful consideration, and given the uncertainty of current conditions, we have come to the tough decision that we need to cancel our running vacations for the months of JUNE and JULY this year. This includes the Summer Kick-Off Weekend, Bear Week and Blue Ridge Vacation Week as well as our inaugural High School Camp. 

We will make a final decision on our August and September sessions no later than June 15th and will continue to keep you updated throughout the process. We understand the lead time required to plan your summer vacations and we want to be mindful of that while still giving ourselves the opportunity to make decisions based on the most updated information possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate these unprecedented circumstances.

Our most important duty is to protect the health and safety of our campers as well as our staff and athletes. We recognize that the risk posed by COVID-19 does not allow us to hold our June and July camps in a responsible manner that protects the health and safety of all those involved while maintaining the quality of the ZAP experience. 

As many of you know, the quality of your experience at ZAP is dependent upon close interaction with each other and the staff. While it pains us to make this decision we know it is in the best interest for everyone involved.

In lieu of holding in-person running vacation this June and July we will be creating some free online opportunities for education and socializing within the ZAP community. Please stay tuned for further details as finalize our plans for our virtual alternatives. We are excited to share them with you and hope that you’ll join us virtually this summer.

Once again, we appreciate your understanding in this difficult time and hope that you and your families are remaining safe and healthy,
The ZAP Endurance Staff and Athletes